Did you know one of the most widespread harmful organisms on the planet was living in your house? We are not exaggerating mould is present in more than 80% of the homes in Europe and North America. These nasty fungi can cause countless health conditions like allergies, asthma, skin and eye irritation, pulmonary problems. Living with toxic moulds can lead to behavioural changes and even depression and migraines. They are especially harmful to toddlers as their immune system is weaker.
It is noteworthy to know what causes the development of moulds. 3 key factors must be present to form the ideal environment – high humidity, water and an organic base. We just basically described every fridge, bathroom and air vent on the planet.
In order to protect our homes from the fungi invasion, we must first get to know the enemy. There are various types of mould and mildew. Yes, they are two separate species, and each causes different health problems.
When you deal with such adaptable and dangerous organisms, you need to ask for professional help, or at least call an expert to evaluate the situation in your home. Do not try to clean all by yourself, as we already mentioned, some fungi are categorised as toxic. This is a big “no-no.” Get your wife, kids and dog and go on a long vacation, while your local cleaning company deep-washes, your whole house.
The following infographic will give you some valuable tips on how to distinguish different mould types, and what to do if your home is declared “a lost cause.
Infographic Source: https://topcleaners.co.uk/the-dangers-mould-and-mildew-pose-for-your-home-and-your-health/